Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Basics

I’ve been back on the healthy bandwagon for three days now and feeling great.

Unfortunately, I still haven’t completely got back on the picture taking bandwagon.

Yesterday started with some greens, in the form of a green smoothie.

  January 027

It included: 2 cups of spinach, banana, non-fat milk, flaxmeal, and some greek yogurt for added protein.

After breakfast and blogging I headed out to run a couple of errands. These included picking up some food for the kitty, picking up a new lock and finally getting some almond milk that I’ve been needing.

When I got home I was starving. Lunch was an egg, cheese and a slice of turkey bacon on a whole wheat English muffin with a side of carrot sticks.

January 029

Along with some H2O.

January 030

I’ve been doing really well with the water. Yesterday I was able to drink 9 glasses of water throughout the day. SCORE!

I spend the rest of the afternoon watching,”Pretty Little Liars”, making some Powerhouse Granola and blogging.

Is anyone else watching that show? I’ve only watching three episodes so far but I’m really enjoying it. I’ve heard it’s a great guilty pleasure and we all should know how much I love my guilty pleasure shows (Vampire Diaries? The Bachelor? Big Brother?).

Before heading out to pick up the hubby from work I had a quick snack. Some powerhouse granola sprinkled on some greek yogurt.

Once I picked up the hubby we headed to the gym to get our new membership. If you didn’t read yesterday’s post you might not know that a little while ago, Matt and I cancelled our Goodlife Memberships and we have decided to join a fitness facility with a pool. I can’t believe we decided to do it on Revolution Monday (which is the first Monday in the New Year).

It was insane there. We were planning on swimming last night but since there was no lane swim when we were there we hit up the gym instead. I did 20 mins on the elliptical, and 15 mins on the treadmill. It felt really great to sweat again.

Did you know that (according to the trainer who signed us) that only 5% of the people who sign up for a gym membership on Revolution Monday continue to go on the regular basis. Most don’t even last 4 months. Crazy, right?

After our workout we headed home, shower, changed and made dinner. Dinner was salad (spinach, yellow peppers, cucumber, carrots and baby tomatoes).

January 032

And pasta with ground chicken (un-pictured). It was totally what I needed after the gym.

My evening snack included half a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and sprinkled with a little powerhouse granola.

Overall it was a great day and I was happy with all of my eats.

I’m off now to have a quick snack then go pick up the husband so we can try out this swimming thing.

~ Katie :)