Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

So as promised I wanted to share some of my goals/plans for 2011. We all know resolutions always fail so lets just call them goals.

First I should catch you all up on where I am healthy wise since my blogging break. Overall, things were ok but there was quite a bit indulging over the holidays. Now that they are over and done with it’s time to make a fresh start.

Here are some of my goals/plans for 2011:

  • Track my food. I’ve decided that although I know I’m eating sort of well I’ve decided to keep track of my food. I downloaded the My Fitness Pal App on my phone and I’ve been using it for the past two days to track my food and fitness.
  • Workout 5 times per week. Simple, right?
  • Run/Lift Weights 3 times per week. Again, simple. Part of this is going in with a plan. As well, I want to work on pushing myself more during my weight sessions.
  • Swim 2 times a week. Swim you say? That’s right, the husband and I cancelled our Goodlife membership and tonight we are going to get a membership at a fitness facility that has a gym. I’m super excited about this.
  • Drink Water. At least 2L a day.
  • Yoga 1-2 times per week. I think this is all I’m going to have time for right now. This I am going to start at the beginning of February. Things are pretty hectic right now so I’m adding one thing at a time.

So those are my health/fitness goals for 2011. I have a very positive feeling about 2011. I think it’s going to be a big year. Some things I’m already looking forward to are: taking a trip back to Nova Scotia, my best friend having twins, continuing to sub to work towards getting a full time position here in Calgary, taking a trip to New York with the husband and a few others that I’m going to keep secret for now :)

Well I’m off to pick up the husband from work and go sign up for our new membership. I’ll be back tomorrow with a food/gym recap from today.

Also, thanks to everyone for their nice messages of welcoming me back to the blogging world. Very much appreciated.

~ Katie :)