Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Big News

So I have some new to share with everyone. Maybe the title of the post is a little misleading but for me it’s big news!

I found out I made it on the sub list!

I’m sure some of you out there are scratching your head going, ‘big new? I don’t understand’. Well the school board that I got on (there’s a few different board around here) they only hire 150 subs for all the schools so that means I’m more likely to get work.

This is definitely good news! Now I just need to sub and work but butt off and hopefully I can get a full-time job in the near future. It’s still going to be a few weeks before I can start working (paperwork and such) but I’m really looking forward to getting back to work.

In other news it’s starting to get very chilly here in Calgary. It was –4 this morning. With all the cold weather around here I bet you can guess what I was craving for breakfast when I woke up: Oatmeal.

October 001

In today’s pot: 1/3 cup of steel cut oats, 2/3 cup of skim milk, 1 tsp of chia seeds, 1 tsp vanilla extract (unfortunately I had no banana to add to it).

October 002

Toppings included: pumpkin butter, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips and a splash of milk.

I love hot oatmeal on a cool fall morning.

After breakfast I headed to the grocery store. I had no idea what was for supper. After yesterday’s post I’m still having some difficulty pleasing both the husband and myself. While at the grocery store I picked up the new Rachael Ray magazine and came up with a perfect idea for dinner. I can’t wait to share it with you all tomorrow.

I spent some time this morning doing some blog reading and lunch became inspired by Jaime’s post and made some grilled cheese.

October 007

Cheddar and seven grain bread. Nom!

I actually followed Jaime exactly and had the grilled cheese with a side of carrots.

October 010

Don’t we all just love comfort food?

Well I’ll be back tomorrow and I’ll let you know how tonight’s dinner turned out.

~ Katie :)