Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkins Galore

I’ve been sucked into the world of pumpkin by the blog world. Pumpkin is everywhere, pumpkin bread, pumpkin oats, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin scones, etc. My place has pumpkins everywhere…

October 005

And the hubby doesn’t even like them.

October 011

I actually have two reasons for all this pumpkin. For the baby pumpkins I was planning on making Emily’s recipe for chili served in pumpkins that she did for her foodbuzz challenge for my dad and stepmom who are coming over for dinner on Thursday night.

October 009

After I emailed them the menu to make sure they liked everything on it I got one two emails from my dad telling me NO CHILI. He does not like it. I’ve had to scrap that idea and figure out something new.

October 007

Now I have 4 baby pumpkins and no idea what to do with them. I actually think I’ll make the chili for the husband and I next week (since it looks amazing) but I’m going to have to come up with an idea for the other two. If you have any suggestions I’d love to know.

 October 013

As for all the canned pumpkin I’m in the process of making Pumpkin Butter from Angela.

October 015

We are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend with my dad, stepmom and her kids so I’m making a jar for each family (4 in total).

October 014

I thought this would be a great hostess gift since our place is too small to have everyone over. The only problem is that I ended up picking up huge mason jar (I was intending to get smaller ones) so now I’m making more of it then intended and have to go back to the store for more brown sugar.

October 020 

I’m already made one batch (I split it into two because of the amount I have to make) and it smells and tastes amazing and now I’m just waiting for it to cool to put into jars and add ribbon.

October 019

I’ll post some after pictures tomorrow. I’m also making a little extra to keep for myself.

Well I’d better go. I have to go back to the store and the dry cleaners before coming back making another batch of pumpkin butter, make some stuffed peppers for dinner and making a batch of chocolate chip blondies. I’ve got a busy evening of cooking and baking ahead.

~ Katie :)