Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween, November and More

Happy November Everyone!

I first thought I’d start this post off with a few of my favourite things about November

  • It’s definitely sweater weather (sometimes October can be warm)
  • I can start listening to Christmas Music
  • The last few weeks in the month the husband and I start some of my favourite Christmas traditions (will share more on that later when it gets closer)
  • It’s time to bring out the hats, scarves and mitts (my favourites right now are my Vancouver 2010 mitts I got from Jaime last winter)
  • Finally, although this isn’t every November I finally get to start working again this month. I go in tomorrow to start some paperwork and I’ll be working again in the next few weeks. YAY!

So yesterday was Halloween. If you follow me on twitter you might know that I’m not the biggest fan of Halloween. I really enjoy seeing all the little kids dressed up but I’ve never been a fan of dressing up myself since becoming an adult. I’m just never very good figuring out fun and exciting costumes. The last time I dressed up was probably about 9 years ago and I dressed up as a baby – boring right?

Anyways, since the husband knows I’m not a big fan of dressing up but I love holiday movies (Christmas but I love holiday movies of all types) we spent the day having a Halloween inspired movie marathon.

We watched:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Saturday Night)

Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show

(Source)

Beetlejuice (Sunday)

beetlejuice

(Source)

Gremlins (Sunday)

gremlins

(Source)

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Sunday)

dracula

(Source)

We also make a quick trip up the see the niece and nephew all dress up. They were so cute. My niece (age 6) dressed up as a witch and my nephew (age 4) dressed up as a monkey. We had considered going out trick-or-treating with them but we figured 5 adults and 2 children we’re a bit much. Maybe next year :)

Finally I wanted to give you a quick update on how the vegetarian vs. non-vegetarian eating was going.

This weekend was great. We did some easy healthy meals that were friendly for both the husband and I. Friday night we did homemade pizzas on naan, Saturday we did fajitas (vegetarian for me, beef for the hubby) and Sunday we did quesadillas. Tonight I’m going to make some spaghetti squash with pasta sauce. I’ll probably add some veggies and edamame to mine and I’m making meatballs for the hubby. Overall, things have been going really well.

Well I haven’t been feeling all that well today (I hate having a sore throat) so I’m going to spend the rest of the afternoon curled up on the couch listening to some Christmas music and catching up on some of my favourite blogs.

Question(s) of the Day: What is your favourite thing about November? and How did you celebrate Halloween?

~ Katie :)