Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baking Queen

So this is my second post on a weekend. Pretty good, right?

When I left you yesterday I was heading to do some baking and as the post’s title might indicate I became a baking queen.

Here’s my baking so far:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

(adapted from allrecipes.com)

This is my husbands favourite treats. I always end up baking a few batches of this throughout the holidays. They are definitely high in calories but because they are so dense you really only need one to enjoy.

This is also a super simple recipe that is bake-free.

  • 2 cups of peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 cups of icing sugar
  • 2 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
  • 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a bowl mix together icing sugar and rice krispies.

November 002

Then melt together peanut butter and butter and a sauce pan.

November 003

Pour the peanut butter mixture over the icing sugar mixture and combine.

Once combined roll into balls about 1 inch in size and place on baking sheet.

November 005

Put baking sheet in fridge for a few hours (or if your like me and trying to please the husband as quickly as possible – freezer for about an hour).

November 004

Once firm melt chocolate and and dip balls in chocolate. Place back in fridge (or freezer) and another couple of hours and serve.

November 019

This delicious little beasts are always a hit around the holidays. I took them to a Christmas party last year and everyone raved about them. They are super easy and they last forever. Just make sure to store them in the fridge (or you can freeze them) as they melt very quickly.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I took this recipe from Kelly at browniesandzucchini.com

I followed the recipe exactly but I’m just going to repost it here for convenience.

  • 3/4 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 organic sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 375.

In a small bowl mix dry ingredients minus the chocolate chips (flour, baking soda and salt).

Mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.

Then add eggs and beat.

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ones then add in chocolate chips.

Add cookies in baking sheet and bake for 8-14 mins depending on size of cookies. My smaller ones took about 8-10 where my larger cookies took about 12-14 mins.

November 008

This recipe made so many cookies. I think in total it made about 20 large cookies and 20 smaller cookies.

November 011

They seemed to go on forever. I’ve already put most of them in the freezer for the holidays but not first without a taste test. They turned out perfect.

I’m now in the process of making a loaf of Chocolate Banana Gingerbread and then a batch of pumpkin granola bars.

I’ll give you a preview picture…

November 015

~ Katie :)