Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finding a Routine

Hey bloggies!

I know I’ve been absent the past few days but for a good reason. I finally started working again. Just subbing but it’s a start. Remember when I posted a few days ago that my first day was on Friday – grade 5. Well just after that I got a job working Thursday as well so I’m two for two in the (can work:did work ratio).

But getting back into a routine as not been quite so easy. Before working I was cooking every night – new and exciting new recipes. Since working those two days I haven’t cooked either night.

Thursday – we had leftovers. Wednesday I made Tina’s recipe for mac and cheese with cauliflower – with a few minor changes (recipe to come soon so check back) so we had that with leftovers.  I also had it for lunch Thursday as well.

November 019

Friday – we ordered pizza. I gave into the husband and let him order a meat pizza. This is the first time I’ve eaten meat in about 3 /12 weeks. Honestly, I really don’t miss it and the pizza last night wasn’t really that great. Definitely going to stick to veggies from now on.

This morning I woke up and had one of the best days I’ve had in a while.

It started with a little cleaning and laundry. Once that was done I enjoyed breakfast with the hubby (scrambled eggs) and then spend the rest of the morning relaxing with a cup of tea, listening to Christmas music, catching up on my favourite blogs and enjoying the sunshine.

November 024

After lunch (more leftover mac and cheese) I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things to do some baking later on (will share tomorrow).

Then came home and when for my first run in months.

I ran only about 2km but it really felt great. I miss exercising and am really looking forward to getting back into it. I feel that now that I’m working again it time to really create a routine for myself which will include exercising, eating right, blogging, having some me time and of course hanging out with the hubby.

Post run I was starving so I toasted 1/2 a whole wheat English muffin with pb and a few chocolate chips (the sugar is good for after a run – right? hehe).

November 025

Well I’m now off to do some baking (I’m getting a head start for the holidays – I plan on freezing most of it) and then cook some dinner. The husband wanted steak tonight so I’m making black bean and sweet potato burgers. I’ll let you know how they turned out.

~ Katie :)