Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lite Week

After a weekend of on and off eating I made a decision about this week. Over the last week or so I’ve been eating quite a bit of meat and red meat at that. I’ve been trying to cut out my red meat consumption so after this weekend I really wanted to make a change for the week so I’ve decided to go a little lite on my meat consumption.

I am not a vegetarian but I do think that most of our food should be coming from plants and sometimes I lack in my veggie intake so I’m going to change that this week. My body just really needs a week of light, healthy eating. Just a little bit of a cleanse.

Monday started off very well.

Breakfast was late so quite light. A piece of whole wheat toast with some Dark Chocolate Dreams PB.

September 018

I thought this might be ok to hold me over until lunch but about 30 mins later I was hungry again so I grabbed a granola bar from the freezer.

September 019

When lunch rolled around I knew exactly what I wanted – a snack plate. Carrots, orange and yellow peppers, cucumber, tomatoes (all from the farmers market) along with some hummus, pb, brie and mozza.

September 021

Dessert was in the form of an apple with some cinnamon.

September 024

I spend the afternoon blogging, twice and uploading some pictures to facebook. I’m very behind there. I’m good at keeping my blogger friends up to date but not some of the other people in my life. I actually haven’t uploaded any photos to facebook since the wedding last year. Yesterday I was able to upload pictures on our trip to Rainbow Haven and and My Friend's Birthday/Public Gardens trip. I’m going to try to continue to upload pictures as the week goes by.

One thing I didn’t do yesterday was get to a yoga class. I’ve been going quite regularly lately but I was still a little sore from the hike on Saturday so I took the day off. I do have a yoga post planned for this week so stay tuned for that.

Dinner last night was simple: Healthy Chicken Parm along with a Strawberry Spinach Salad (strawberries, spinach, cucumber, yellow peppers and some sliced almonds).

September 003

I followed the same recipe as before but used bread crumbs instead of fibre one. I think it turned out better this time.

Well that’s all for now. I’m about to go to yoga, come home and make dinner then relax and watch The Biggest Loser.

~ Katie :)