Friday, September 10, 2010

Houseguests, Breakfast Cobbler and More

I’ve been absent for the past couple of days, I had a houseguest and we were busy catching up.

September 001

Oh Natalia! It was so great to see you! Thanks for the visit.

Some eats included over the past days some Chinese food.

September 006

A spring roll, mushroom fried rice, and tofu with mixed veggies. The mixed veggies we awesome. They included baby corn, broccoli, sprouts, snow peas and water chestnuts.

My first pumpkin spice latte of the season.

September 011

I love the fall.

September 012

Some whole wheat waffles with maple syrup.

September 007

Leftover breakfast cobbler with pb.

September 004

See recipe below.

September 003

Leftover macaroni lasagna I made the other night.

September 018

I followed Lindsey’s recipe exactly.

September 017

Definitely try it. It’s fantastic!

September 015

And some grapes.

September 022

Served with the leftover lasagna.

September 023

The other morning I had some blueberries that were a little sad looking and I was trying to think of a way to use them and I remembered that Angela has recently posted a recipe for breakfast cobbler that I thought looked delicious.

I pretty much followed her recipe but made a few changes you can find Angela’s original here.

Apple and Blueberry Breakfast Cobbler

  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp of flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 1 cup of blueberries
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 apples (I was out of bananas so I added two apples instead of one banana and one apple)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 of margarine
  • 3 tbsp of maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp of lemon juice

The dry ingredients (oats, flour, blueberries, sugar, apples, cinnamon, salt)

September 006 

The wet ingredients (margarine, maple syrup and lemon juice). Margarine should be melted a little.

September 007

Wet ingredients added to dry ingredients.

September 009

Baked in the oven for 45 mins at 400 degrees.

September 013

This was really good!

September 015

The only changes I would make would be to eliminate the salt. I found it was unnecessary and didn’t really mix well. I tasted it in a couple of bites (it didn’t really mix very well).

September 016

I really liked the double apples.

September 017

I’m definitely going to make this again.

Thanks Angela!

Dinner tonight will probably be leftover Chinese.

I’ll leave you with a pictures of my kitty. He was very photo friendly today.

September 009

I’m off to enjoy the weekend. I hope you all have a great weekend as well.

~ Katie :)