Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day of Accomplishments

After yesterdays relaxation day today it was back to work at finishing up the packing and cleaning of the apartment.

Before I get into today I should recap last nights dinner. It was basically what I had intended. A mash-up of chicken, carrots, zucchini, red peppers and rice noodles.

I mixed in a little Pad Thai sauce and to keep up with the Asian theme I cooked it in sesame oil instead of EVOO.

Here’s a few pics of last nights dinner:

July 001

July 002

July 003

July 004

Pretty tasty dinner for just throwing together whatever was in the fridge.

We are now officially out of veggies. Don’t think I’m going to pick up any more (ACK – that just can’t be right for a food blogger) right now since we are only eating at home for two more days.

This morning I got up and had a piece of toast with a little becel, my final homemade granola bar and some oj for breakfast.

July 008

(I’m really hoping my new apartment has better light for food pictures).

After Matt left for work I started to do some cleaning around the place. In the morning I was able to clean all the windows (inside and out), clean the outside and seals of the fridge and start cleaning the downstairs bathroom.

Since Matt was only gone for the morning then working from home in the afternoon I was pretty excited since I knew we’d be able to accomplish a lot.

Lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich with mozza and 2 slices of turkey bacon.

July 009

Served with a cold glass of pink lemonade.

July 011

And a gala apple with some almond butter.

July 012

I was right, we were able to get tons accomplished this afternoon including: finishing cleaning the downstairs bathroom, cleaning (most) of the cupboards, packing the rest of the random kitchen items and starting to decided what food items we were going to bring with us.

By 4:30 we were wiped and ready to relax. While Matt did a little work I decided to book our hotels for the trip. This is finally accomplished and just another thing that is making this move seem more and more real.

Dinner tonight was Jamie Oliver’s Classic Tomato Spaghetti. Since we had all the ingredients on hand (except for the red chilli – which we just left out) we figured it would be an easy meal that we didn’t have to purchase any further ingredients. We also had pre-cooked shrimp in the freezer so we used that instead of frozen shrimp.

Here are the pics:

July 022

July 023

July 026

July 027

July 030

Served with a piece of Ancient Grains bread.

July 032

It’s been an very exhausting day so I’m looking forward to curling up with In Defence of Food for the rest of the night.

I’ll be back tomorrow and I’ll post some pics of how the packing and move is going.

~ Katie :)

No comments: