Thursday, June 17, 2010

Detox Days Two Three and Four

Hey bloggies!

How’s everyone been over the past couple of days? Things have been good here. I’ve been trying to keep up with my detox and have been really good in some aspects and ok in a few others. Here’s a quick recap.

I’ve mostly been having citrus for breakfast. Grapefruit or oranges usually.

Tuesday

Lunch: Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich on whole wheat bread with some blueberries for dessert.

After I got home from school I grabbed a quick snack before heading back out to pick my Matt. My last Kardea Bar – Chai Spice

June 003

This one wasn’t my favourite flavour but I’m not a fan of chai tea so that’s why I left this one until the end. It tasted exactly like the name thought so if your a chai fan you’d probably really like this one.

June 006

Nice and chewy  with a little crunch. I really enjoy the texture of these bars. In a couple of days I will do my full review of the bars.

June 007

After picking up Matt we ran some errands and while at Costco we picked up this:

June 009

Before starting dinner I made some garlic bread with cheese. I stuck to small, thin slices of bread and only used about half the amount of cheese then usual.

June 013

I cooked the Manicotti in a Pyrex dish with some pasta sauce and a small sprinkle of cheese (about 1/3 of a cup for 6 servings).

I had two.

June 014

Served with a piece of whole wheat bread with Olive Oil Becel.

June 015

Very good! I’d definitely do this again but without the garlic bread – unnecessary.

Detox Thoughts: Overall I followed my rules pretty good except for the dairy. But even so it was only a little bit. I’m starting to think it might be the cheese that’s been giving my belly a tough time. I didn’t feel so good after the garlic bread but the ricotta didn’t seem to bother it too much so I’m going to keep limiting the dairy for another week and see how it goes.

Wednesday

Lunch: Two leftover Manicotti with an orange and a Kashi bar.

Dinner: Matt and I were tired so we grabbed some Swiss Chalet after work. To try to stay in my plan I stuck to a chicken sandwich with potatoes.

June 023

I only had half the sandwich (I didn’t need to over eat) and saved it for lunch the next day.

I also stole some of Matt’s Multigrain roll. I love Swiss Chalet rolls – so soft and delicious!

June 026

Dessert was watermelon. I had two slices.

June 029

Detox Thoughts: I think I did pretty good this day. I was a little high on the carbs at dinner but I stuck to lean protein and didn’t have any dairy except for the ricotta at lunch. No belly pains today.

Today

Lunch: The other half of my chicken sandwich with blueberries and a Kashi bar.

Dinner: Chicken Salad.

I cut 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts up into strips and cooked in the oven with 1/3 Hickery BBQ Sauce, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.

June 032

In the ss: organic spinach, carrots, baby tomatoes, field cucumbers, red, yellow and orange peppers.

June 030

I added some dried cranberries, lemon juice and three strips in chicken into the bowl with my salad. Delicious and huge!!!

June 031

I could hardly finish it.

Detox thoughts: Today was awesome! No dairy, lean protein and lots of veggies! I followed my plan!!!

Oh and I also got an impromptu  yoga session in today with my grade 8’s and 9’s. Their gym teacher was away on a field trip so I had to teach them gym so we did yoga. I think they really enjoyed it. I told them that I would teach them again next week if they wanted. It was really fun and I got a good sweat in myself.

Overall Detox Thoughts:

  • I’m having a love affair with pb again.
  • I’ve stuck to lean protein for every meal.
  • I have been pretty good with the processed sugar my only problem has been I picked up some Cinnamon Sugar In Snax Pita Chips the other day at the grocery store and I’ve snacked on those a couple of times.
  • The dairy has been pretty good. No yogurt, no milk, and just the little bit of cheese with the pasta. This is a huge accomplishment for me.
  • I haven’t had any coffee at all – go me!

All in all I’m happy with my progress. I’m definitely feeling better and no belly pains.

We leave for Calgary in one week from today so I’m going to continue to stick to my plan until that time and then I will re-assess.

I’m going to grab and orange for dessert now! Night all.

~ Katie :)

No comments: