Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Family Affair

I am exhausted from a crazy busy weekend so between that and the fact that I was not a very good blogger this weekend and didn’t take any pictures this is going to be a very short post.

I’d like to start the post off by saying I did a great job on with my detox but really that would be a lie. I had some awesome meals and followed my rules but I also have some ‘not so awesome’ meals and didn’t do such a great job following my rules so I’d say it was about a 50/50 weekend.

Saturday morning I was running a little late. I had a hair appointment and grabbed 1/2 a grapefruit for breakfast as I was leaving. This wasn’t so good. I was starving by the time I sat down in the chair.

After spending 2 hours getting my hair all pretty again I headed over to drop some books off to Jaime and to say good-bye. If you read her blog you know she is moving across the country next weekend and since I’ll be in Calgary during her going away pub night and brunch I wanted to stay good-bye before she leaves. It was sad saying good-bye to a new friend but since blogging and twitter keeps us all in touch it’s not so bad.

We chatted for a hour before I realized I’d better get going and left to pick up Matt.

We headed to the mall to pick up a few things before we leave and we grabbed some lunch while we were there. Instead of heading to Subway as originally planned I ended up caving and getting mall chinese food. I went with rice, chicken balls and a chicken egg roll. I don’t know what made me make this decision. I regretted it as soon as I sat down and didn’t even really enjoy it. Oh well – live in learn right :P

Dinner was at the in-laws to celebrate Father’s Day and luckily it was right up my ally – huge salad and lean chicken burgers on the bbq.

The one picture I took on the weekend was of the pheasant in the in-laws back yard. They live in the suburbs not the country so it was a little strange seeing a pheasant there in the middle of the afternoon.

June 011

Today I had a bowl of cereal (raisin bran) for breakfast then headed out again early for our school’s high school graduation at a fancy hotel downtown.

Lunch was included and to try to stay on the healthy side I choose the veggie soup that had lots of beans and veggies in it along with a side on fruit including: grapes, pineapple, blackberries, watermelon and strawberries. It was actually very tasty and the healthiest option I could have.

After the graduation I picked up Matt we did a little grocery shopping and then headed to my dad’s for Father’s Day. Dinner here was turkey, potatoes, beets, carrots, beans and a roll. Over all pretty healthy except for the gravy I put on the turkey and the real butter I added to my roll.

The weekend was crazy and I’m not sure if I’d ready to go back to work or not already especially since this week is going to be super busy as well but I’ll do my best to keep you updated.

~ Katie :)

No comments: