If you read my Wordless Weekend post yesterday you might have seen some of the comments including some like this “good eats, looks like you had a good weekend”. If only that were true…
What you didn’t see in the post were pictures of cheesies,
hamburger hamburgers, alcohol and pizza. This along with the ok eating last week has made my belly very unhappy.
After discussing with the husband I have decided to do a little detox – my own version of a detox. Really I guess it’s just going to go back to healthy eating but I am going to limit some things for the next week and a half until our trip to Calgary. I’m not sure what kind of eating that trip will have in store for me so I’m going to be as healthy as possible before I leave.
Over the next week and a half I’m going to limit the following things:
- Processed Sugars – these are really hard on my belly and I shouldn’t be eating too many of them anyways.
- Dairy – I have been eating way to much of it lately, especially in the form of yogurt and cheese so I think a break from them for a little while is needed.
- Coffee – I am really going to try not to have a latte between now and then but really I can’t promise anything.
- Red Meat – I am going to stick to only lean proteins
Also going to include the following things into my detox:
- Lean Protein – As mentioned above I’m not going to eat any red meat and stick to boneless skinless chicken, lean turkey and fish.
- Veggies – And lots of them
- Fruits – These are a great snack. I’ll stay away from fruits that are high in sugar.
If you have any other ideas of great food in include/stay away from I’d love your input/ideas.
Today I think I did a pretty good job with sticking to my plan.
Breakfast: Organic Orange (a little high in sugar but ok for breakfast i think) and a Kasha Almond Bar
Lunch: Huge container of veggies which included cucumber, red and yellow peppers and carrots along with some hummus and Stacy’s Pita Chips. Dessert: Blueberries.
Snack: Two pieces of Whole Wheat Bread with pb.
Dinner: I stuck to my plan of lean protein and had salmon.
A healthy version of Maple Glazed Salmon I found here.
I modified it a little (didn’t use as much soy sauce – too salty)
- 1 tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce (the recipe called for 2 tbsp)
- 0.75 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup – I used somewhere in between these too amounts
- 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard
Mix up all ingredients.
Coat the salmon in the glaze.
Cook on 400 for 20 mins.
While the salmon is cooking I made up a salad.
In the ss (salad spinner): organic spinach, carrots, baby tomatos, field cucumber, red and yellow pepper.
Serve salmon over salad.
Perfection! This was exactly what my body was craving.
I have to say no belly pains today. Hopefully I can continue for at least another week.
Wish me luck and don’t forget to let me know if you have any other ideas for me detox.
~ Katie :)