Friday, October 8, 2010

Farmer’s Market Goodies

Today has been a very busy day. It started out as with a trip downtown to meet the hubby for lunch and ended up being almost an all day excursion.

After lunch I decided I should head to the police station to get my criminal record check done. This technically doesn’t have to be done until I get a job but since it makes the whole process faster if it’s already done and I was already downtown I figured I’d just head to do it. What a slow process. Not only is there only one place in the city you can get it done so it is always super busy but it also isn’t even in the police station and it took me for ever to find it.

After it was finished and I had paid the money the lady tells me that they have to put on it that if my employer wants they can also ask for a check back in Halifax since I have only lived here 2 months. Thanks police! Thanks so much! It might have been nice to know this earlier, plus how am I going to get a check done from Calgary with the Halifax police??? Hopefully it doesn’t turn out to be a problem.

After the painful experience I decided to hit up the Farmer’s Market in Calgary. Food always makes everything better, right?

October 013

Although I didn’t take any other pictures while I was there I ended up with a great stash of goodies so I thought I’d share my purchases with you.

October 015

Organic Free Range Eggs.

October 017

Two very large Honey Crisp Apples. Everyone seems to be taking about these lately so I picked up a couple to see what all the fuss is about. After I try them I’ll let you know if they’re as good as the hype.

October 022

A cucumber and four peppers. Two red, one yellow and one orange. I picked up the two red peppers to stuff this week and the other two are for salads and such.

October 024

Brussell sprouts, green beans and baby tomatoes.

October 027

A bag of BC cranberries.

October 028

Apple Butter. I think I’m most excited about this purchase.

In totally I spent about $38. Not bad for all those goodies!!!

After I left the Farmer’s Market I found out we’re heading to Banff tomorrow with my step-brother, his wife and my niece and nephew and we’re planning a picnic. Matt and I are in charge of some veggies and fruit so I headed to the closest Co-op to pick up a couple of things to bring with us. I also grabbed some baby carrots, broccoli, and grapes. I figured I’ll cut everything up and make a fruit and veggie plate to go along with the veggie wrap that I’m going to bring with me as well.

Today also marked the return of the green smoothie.

October 007

In the blender went two huge cups of spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup of UVAB, 2 tbsp of flax and ice.

October 012

It’s so nice to have these back in my life. I get lazy with using the blender because I makes such a mess but I love them so hopefully you’ll be seeing more of these on the blog.

October 009

Served with 1/2 an English muffin topped with pb and granola for breakfast.

October 011

Well that’s all for me today folks. I’m going to spend the rest of my evening enjoying a glass of wine, baking and catching up on The Vampire Diaries.

I want to wish all my fellow Canadian’s out there a very Happy Thanksgiving and I’ll be back again on Monday.

~ Katie :)