Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Strawberry Waffles

This morning it was back to real-life. I say that but since I’m not working real-life is pretty much the same as the weekend except I do tons of running around.

I started this morning with a piece of ancient grains toast with dark chocolate dreams pb and a glass of water. I was feeling a little dehydrated and since I was heading to hot yoga I figured I should hydrated so I downed some water.

After breakfast I headed to hot yoga. Another fantastic class. It was a little longer then the last couple of classes and it was a great. There was only 5 of us in the class this morning and the teacher pushed us really hard. I came out feeling sweaty, shakey and at ease. I feel liked a pushed through it today and it was awesome.

After yoga I headed back home, showered and made some lunch. Annie’s Mac and Cheese with added mozza and broccoli.

September 004

Cheesy and delicious!

September 006

Oh and look what came in the mail today! Thanks Ali!

September 002

I picked up my first bag today. I’ll let you all know what I think once I try them.

After lunch I headed out to pick up groceries. It total I ended up at 4 different grocery stores today. FAIL! More with me then with the stores. I just kept forgetting stuff. Very frustrating.

I just spent the last 2 hours cooking dinner and now just waiting for the hubby to get home. I will have pictures and the recipe to share with you all tomorrow. Should be good.

I do want to share the awesome recipe that I made yesterday: Whole Wheat Waffles.

Whole Wheat Waffles (Adapted from Tina @ Carrots ‘n Cake)

  • 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour **
  • 3 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tbsp of brown sugar **
  • 1.5 cups of skim milk **
  • 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt **
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of EVOO **

**My changes from her recipe

September 040

First I mixed all the ingredients together and then used 1/4 of a cup to make each waffle. I only made 4 in total but the recipe makes at least twice that much (maybe more). Next time I’ll half it but over all it was a fantastic waffle recipe and very delicious.

September 039

I topped the waffles with strawberries and a little light whip cream along with some maple syrup but they would be great with pb, a banana, fruit or any other combination that you can think of.

September 042

What a great whole wheat waffle/pancake recipe. Definitely give it a try.

September 041

Have a great night all!

~ Katie :)