Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Recap Pt. 1

I kinda failed on the weekend posting my wedding recap posts. Things were busy and I just didn’t have a chance. Don’t worry though, I’m still going to do my wedding recap posts.

Just in case you missed them here’s the posts so far from my wedding recap series:

We got married one year ago from yesterday on August 22nd, 2009. It was a beautiful day and everything went perfectly. I really don’t have a single complaint or one thing I would change from the day.

All pictures below are from Applehead Studio.

We got ready at the Prince George Hotel in Halifax, NS. It is an absolutely gorgeous hotel and the staff there were friendly and our wedding coordinator from the hotel was awesome. I don’t think I could have done it without Penny! She did an amazing job and looked after everything the day of the wedding.

ready01

ready02 ready03

ready14

ready04

ready05 ready06

ready07 ready08

My sister and my cousin were my official wedding dressers and tied me up tight into my dress. Thanks ladies!

ready09

ready13

ready15

ready10

 ready11

Just as we were leaving the hotel for the ceremony my photographer grabbed me and said he had this idea for a great shot. This is by the elevator at the hotel. I think it turned out pretty great.

ready12

Our ceremony was held at a small church, St. Luke’s United, in Tantallan, NS (about 20 mins outside the city. It was perfect for our wedding since we were having only close family and friends (approx. 65). Our minister did a great job, kept it short, sweet and very upbeat.

ceremony01

Waiting for me and my family to arrive.

ceremony02

Our amazing singer and guitar player, Ian. The music during the ceremony included walking down the isle to Ronan Keating’s, When You Say Nothing at All, Signing of the Regstary to Jason Mraz’s, I’m Yours, and recessional to The Beatles, All You Need Is Love.

ceremony03

Arriving at the ceremony…

ceremony04

ceremony05

ceremony06

The ceremony (I was trying to hard not to cry that I totally forgot to smile – Oops)…

ceremony07

ceremony08

ceremony09

ceremony10 ceremony11

ceremony12

Husband and Wife…

ceremony13ceremony14

ceremony16

ceremony15 ceremony19

It’s over! Relaxed and happy!

ceremony17

ceremony18

I hope you enjoy this first part of my wedding recap. I’ll be back later with a regular blog post and tomorrow I’ll finish this wedding recap series with the wedding formals and reception.

Have a great Monday everyone!

~ Katie :)