Friday, August 20, 2010

Bridal Shower and Rehearsal Dinner Recap

Just in case you missed it – here’s the post on our engagement photos.

Today I’m going to do a quick bridal shower and rehearsal dinner recap for you. No professional photos here. Actually I had to rely on others afterwards since I didn’t have my camera at the time.

My bridal shower was hosted by my sister (my maid of honor) at my step-mom’s place. It was mostly family and close friends. We had a blast. Played lots of games, ate some yummy food, and I was spoiled way beyond what I was expecting.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

My sister setting up…

Emily01

Arriving/Socializing…

family

family02

friends

friends02

Games…

erin

The wedding dress game – weren’t they all cute? And of course the grandmother won! She deserved it, such a champ!

brides

Favors…

favors

The food…

food

Me and my best friend…

friends03

Myself, my sister, my best friend and my cousin – we all dressed in pink for the occasion…

friends04

The cake…

cake

My cutting the cake…

katie

Me and my sister…

emily02

Thanks to her for hosting such a wonderful event!

Now onto the rehearsal dinner. Ironically, the rehearsal dinner was held at the same place. My dad and my step-mom have a beautiful backyard so we decided to have it there. There was lots of food, wonderful people and it was a great way to send the evening before the wedding.

Before I post any pictures. I’m just going to warn everyone that my hair somehow was a mess this day. My sister and I had be running errands all day and just barely made it to the rehearsal. I guess we should have made more time to beautify ourselves :P

The sign my dad and step-mom had made for the occasion…

rehearsal01

My dad at the grill…

rehearsal03

My and my soon husband-to-be…

rehearsal04

The party…

rehearsal02

rehearsal05

rehearsal06

Handing out gifts…

rehearsal07

rehearsal08

Finally, the cake (we can’t forget about food on the blog – hehehe)…

rehearsal11

Well I hoped you enjoyed this update – tomorrow will be wedding recap pt. 1.

~ Katie :)