Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Healthy Weekend

If you didn’t catch my post earlier today I re-vamped my blog, changed the name and changed the URL. Make sure you update your google reader, blog roll or any bookmarks you might have.

Here’s the new link: http://herinnershine.blogspot.com/

I hope you like it and I’d love to know what you think.

If we head back to my weekend. Things have been great for the past week or so and that continued over the weekend.

Here are a few highlights:

Dinners included turkey burgers with baby potatoes and baby tomatoes…

July 003

Shrimp stir-fry with peppers and noodles served with a piece of sunflower flax bread…

July 004

Healthy coconut chicken nuggets with sweet potato fries and carrots…

July 027

(Chicken = boneless skinless chicken, 1 cup of cornflakes, 3/4 cup of unsweetened coconut, 3 pinches of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of ginger, 1/4 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1/2 cup of egg whites)

Dried ingredients mixed up…

July 022

Dipping Station…

July 024

All done…

July 028

Homemade pizza with chicken, turkey bacon and ground turkey…

July 061

Served with some cheesy doritos (I know not the healthiest but it’s a treat we picked up at the grocery store)…

July 060

Some other eats include grapes, light laughing cow cheese and crackers, cheese and veggie plate, organic pancakes with chocolate chips and finally more cheese and crackers with some pink lemonade.

July 006  July 007

July 021

July 052 July 054

Also this weekend I did some more packing.

The front closet boxes…

July 012

Things we’re giving away…

July 014

The linen closet is now empty…

July 016

The Christmas tree that I still have no idea how we are moving it…

July 017

Charlie who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time…

July 018

And the living room which is finally almost packed…

July 010

Finally, on Saturday we headed down to the valley to say good-bye to Matt’s grandparents. Here’s a few from that trip…

July 029

July 031

July 032

The rain…

July 039

Matt and his grandparents…

July 041

Me and his grandparents…

July 043

I know it was a crazy long post today. I hope everyone is all caught up and I’ll be back tomorrow with a look at my apartment search in Calgary.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and tweets today about the new blog name/look. I really appreciate it. Also, if you didn’t catch it on twitter today I changed my twitter name to match the blog @HerInnerShine.

~ Katie :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must try the cornflake + coconut combo sometime, it always looks amazing!

I made pink lemonade too. :) Let it sit over night in the fridge and its delish!

Anonymous said...

Love the colour and brightness of the blog!
I want to try the chicken recipe that you posted.