Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Recent News

Hey all,

So things around here have been a little crazy.

First, the husband has been quite sick and because of this there has been a lot of soup around the house for the past two days.

Last night Cream of Mushroom Soup…

June 003

With a couple of whole wheat rolls.

Tonight was Chicken Noodle Soup…

June 006

Tonight was was hungry so I made a grilled cheese sandwich with mozza to go along with it…

June 004

On Honey Oat Bread…

June 005

Love this bread!

In other news. I found a new addiction. Stacey’s Cinnamon Sugar Pita chips.

June 001

I’m addicted!!!

Second, I just found out that Matt and I are going to Calgary in two and a half weeks for his work. It’s exciting. I haven’t been on a plane in 6 years and I’m really looking forward to getting away (even if it is only for 4 days). I’m also missing the last day of school to go. It’s ‘fun day’ so I really won’t be missing too much but I feel a little guilty for it.

We are also going to get to see my step-brother, his wife and my niece and nephew. I don’t get to see them that often so it will be nice to spend some time with them.

Don’t worry, I’ll be bring my computer so I can do some blogging on the road. When it gets closer to the date I’ll be looking for some of your travel tips for healthy eating.

Third, looked what arrived at the end of last week…

June 002

My first product to review. Kardea Nutrition Bar. Nancy the wonderful lady at Kardea send me four flavours – Lemon Ginger, Chic Spice, Banana Nut and Cranberry Almond.

June 004

Of course the first one I had to try was Lemon Ginger…

June 010

Good Ingredients…

June 008

Good Nutrition Info…

June 009

Very tasty…

June 012

I definitely enjoyed this flavour. I will be giving a full review later this week when I’ve tried all the flavours but overall I really enjoyed this first one.

I’d better go look after the husband. Here’s hoping he’s feeling better tomorrow.

~ Katie :)

1 comment:

Janece Suarez said...

Hope hubby feels better! THANK YOU for showing the nutrition label on the bar!! =)

Any plans for how to eat healthy on the trip?