I’ve been absent for about a week or so now from blogging. I’ve been trying to enjoy the last of the summer before school starts next week.
So today I had my first job interview since moving to Calgary. I think it went really well but now I actually think it might put me in a strange position. Since I started teaching all I’ve wanted was my own classroom, in a consistent school and get into a teaching routine. The job that I had the interview today is not really going to provide me with that and I’m a little confused on what to do.
I don’t want to assume that I will get the job (I will find out on Wednesday) but if they do offer me the job then I’m going to have to make a tough decision and right now I have no idea what to do.
Without going into too much detail about the job I would be working in more of a non-traditional school environment and I’m not sure if that’s where I want to me.
- The job offers pretty good pay, great school hours, great benefits, great holidays but do I choose all of those things over what I’m looking for in a job?
- Also, I have no idea when I’m going to have another interview or job opportunity.
- But then again, just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s bad. I might really enjoy this type of teaching and I’m never going to know until I try it.
- I’m still waiting to hear back from two school boards here and I don’t expect to hear back from them until next week.
- If I take this job I would start on Thursday so I will have to make a quick decision without knowing what my other options would be.
This is really tough and if anyone has any advice I’d love to hear it.
Since I’ve been absent for so long I thought I’d just share some pics of some of the eats I’ve had over the last week or so.
That pink fruit that looks like kiwi is dragon fruit and it was awesome!
Happy Monday Everyone!
~ Katie :)