Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Calgary Day 3

I’m going to warn you a head of time. I forgot to take any pictures of food this day. Sometimes when you’re on vacation the picture taking of food just isn’t a priority.

I woke up early on Sunday morning and enjoyed a little quiet time in the house. After everyone was up it was time for brunch. Waffles with fresh strawberries, whip cream, sugar-free syrup and turkey sausages.

I wish I had remembered to take a picture of that meal. Awesome!

After brunch the family took us to Bragg Creek which is a National Park about 30 mins outside of Calgary.

Here are a few pics we took leaving the city.

Mountains again…

June 007

June 009

The family…

June 002

Me, Tannis, Cass, Kieran and Shaye.

Olympic Centre…

June 011

Downtown Calgary Skyline…

June 049

After arriving at the park we did some hiking and stopped at the creek from some play time and snacks. Snacks included: fruit, veggies and dip and some Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi bars (can you tell I was the one who went grocery shopping :P).

The park was beautiful. Here are just a few of the pics that I took during our time there…

June 014

June 016

June 019

June 026

June 033

Rock animals that we found…

June 031

Me and Kieran…

June 029

Playing and having a good time…

June 021

June 027

June 039

June 025 

June 045

The deer we saw on our way home…

June 047

When we got home it was time for supper. On the menu tonight Tannis cooked up a delicious Chicken Parmesan with caesar salad and garlic bread. It was nice to have some homemade food during out trip.

We also saw a little bunny hanging in the backyard. Who knew there was so much wild life in Calgary.

June 050

After dinner we watched the movie Up with the kids before heading to the airport for our plane at 11:30 and our overnight flight home.

Overall, we had a fantastic trip. I loved getting to see the family and to see a city that was totally different from Halifax.

I’ll back back later with life since we got back and the beginning of my summer vacation. I hope everyone enjoyed my posts on my trip to Calgary.

~ Katie :)

No comments: