Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spreading the Love

In today’s post I thought I would share something that I haven’t done before – Spreading the blog love and sharing with you some of my all time favourite blogs.

I’ve decided to do a top 10 list of my favourite healthy living blogs. All of the following blogs I try to read every day and in some way they have inspired me to continue working towards a healthy lifestyle.

The following blogs are in no particular order:

1. Amy’s Quest to Skinny – This is the first blog I started reading. I came across it through twitter and just sat and read for hours. Amy is honest real about healthy living. Her story is very inspiring and I still can’t get over how much she works out :)

2. Embracing Balance – This is another one of my first healthy living blogs that I started to read and follow. Jaime always has new and fun recipes to try, not to mention her food always looks amazing. Plus she’s been a great yoga partner for me lately.

3. Life, Health, Fitness– Lynn is another one of my favourite bloggers and another inspiring story. Although she has been taking a break from blogging the past little while I can’t wait to catch up with her when she get’s back.

4. Angie with One on the Way – Angie’s story, from losing weight to having a baby is one of my favourites and I loving keeping up with her pregnancy journey.

5. Making Good Choices – I have a special place in my heart for other teachers and Nicole is one of them. She is always baking and making the most delicious looking treats.

6. Tropical Happiness – This is on of the newer blogs that I’ve been reading. Tracey reminds me of me a little newly married, love for her kitties, and living a healthy lifestyle. Right now she has a great post about her wedding last year. Check it out – she looks beautiful.

7. Senorita Rachael – Another teacher who’s a blogger. Her blog is about her weight loss journey and all the ups and downs that come with that. She has a great challenge (I say challenge but it’s not really a challenge – more of a journey) called ‘Shrinking Sunday’s’ and about using the blogging community to help and support each other. Check her out!

8. Up Fit Creek – Another great blogger – plus her name is Katie too how can I not love her. She is a new mother and another inspiring story – just check out her before and after pictures in her Weight Loss Journey sections, she looks amazing!

9. The Chic Life – Diana blogs about healthy eating, cooking, working out and other random things that she enjoys. I love her Project Hydrate challenge she has going on. We all should be trying to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

10. What Kate Ate – This is another one of my newer blogs I’ve been reading. Kate (a great name – right?) blogs about eating a balanced diet, exercising, yoga and weight loss. I love reading about her journey, how blogging has changed her life and I love seeing the support she has.

So that’s it. I have so many more I could add to the list but I tried to list ten blogs that I read regularly and I love. My google reader is always full and maybe sometime soon I’ll do another list like this with 10 new blogs but for now please check out these lovely bloggers and say hi to them all for me :)

What are your favourite blogs? I’m always looking for new blogs to read so please share below.

~ Katie

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Katie - thanks that is so sweet. You really made my day! I love reading your blog too. Thank goodness for other teacher bloggers that can share in my successes and complaints :)

Jaime said...

Awwwww...thank you!!! I'm glad my travelling hasn't bored you away from my blog yet! :)

I'll be home this week and I swear I'm going to the gym every day, and definitely yoga on Wednesday. Ready?

Rachael said...

This is a great post! Thanks for the shout out :) I can't wait to check out some of these other blogs to add to my reader!

I love Ashley at http://fashionably-fit.com/ because she always is so positive and gives good tips all the time.

TropicalHappiness.com said...

Thanks for the bloggy love!!! I definitely need to do one of these types of posts soon! :)

Angela Power said...

Katie, thank you SO much! That truly means a lot to me :-)

whatkateate said...

Thanks for the shoutout! Im glad you found my blog so I could find yours!