So today was the day. After over a week off from exercising today was the day to get back at it.
This morning started off with oat. Since I don’t have time for oats on the weekdays I’ve been trying to have them once on the weekend. It’s a nice change.
In the pot: rolled oats, UVAB, flaxmeal and vanilla extract.
Topped with a tbsp of pj and a tsp of chocolate chips.
I ended up eating about 2/3’s of the dish. I just couldn’t finish it.
After breakfast Matt and I headed out to get some groceries. I went through my recipe books and found 5 new recipes I’m going to try this week. Hopefully, I’ll have lots on interesting posts for you to read over the course of the week :)
After we got home I really just wanted some veggies for lunch (I’ve been craving veggies for a couple of days now) but I also wanted to use up the last of the progeries in the freezer so I decided to through them in the pot to boil.
Lunch ended up being carrots…
After lunch it was time to get back to exercising. Today’s plan: a distance run.
I haven’t run in about a week and a half and I will admit I was scared. Matt wanted us to run 4km but I just wasn’t sure I can do it. If you’ve read my blog before you know I have a mental block when it comes to running. I still haven’t quite got past it but I’m really working on it.
Today we headed out. I ran the first 2 km without too many problems but once I reached the 2km mark it really started to hurt. During the run I fought with Matt (twice) and I almost quit. I really didn’t think I could do it but I pushed through the pain and ended up completing 4.2km.
That is another running accomplishment for me. I really want to thank my husband for pushing me and believing in me even when I didn’t believe in myself. We have another distance run planned for Wednesday so hopefully this one is a little easier then today’s :P
After my shower I made us both green smoothies. In the blender: organic spinach, banana, pineapple, UVAB, the last of my vanilla greek yogurt, flaxmeal and ice.
Another good one :)
April Recap May Goals
I’ve decided against doing a recap for April. Really, there’s not much to say. I didn’t workout that much ( I took a total of 2 weeks off in April) and I ate out
a little way too much.
Since it’s a new month I decided instead of getting upset or depressed about April I’d focus on the positive and look at my goals for May.
- Eat a salad at least 3 times a week. I’ve been lacking in the veggie department lately and I've been craving them so hopefully this will help.
- Cook with fresh herbs as much as possible. I learned quite a bit about this yesterday at the Saltscapes Expo and you can read about my review of the expo here.
- No eating out. At all! This is going to be the tough one. We’ve been really bad this month and that has to change so our goal is to not eat out for the entire month.
- Matt and I set up a workout schedule we’d like to start following. It includes at least some form of exercise 7 days a week. That is a large goal but some days are pretty light so I think it’s possible. If we feel it’s getting too much then we might take a day off as needed but we just want to do some form of physical activity everyday. With the weather getting nicer at least a walk or a short run should be possible.
- Right now I’d like to do weights 3 times a week, running 3-4 times a week (mixing between interval and distance running), yoga once a week and maybe throw in a difference cardio workout here or there when I have time.
I know I have pretty big goals for the month. To start off the month off right we spent some time today cleaning out the fridge and the cupboards to get rid of any junk/unhealthy food that was in there. It went well and I don’t think I will actually miss anything we threw out.
I will let you all know how things are progressing as the month goes on. Have a great evening all!
~ Katie :)